David Richardson

Name, age - I'm David Richardson and I'm older than I look and younger than I feel.
Where are you from? - I live in London.
Main activity - Photography, sometimes I make music. I'm still bored of being poor.
Your favourite cam – My yashica T5 made me fall for photography and my little yashica loves me we're still inseparable. I had a stint with a Minolta Autocord which is a wonderful camera to use. I've just got hold of a Contax g2 so I'll see where that goes.
Why do you shoot? - I always loved art but was too lazy to spend much time developing my technique. I was more into concepts and expression. So naturally photography was my ideal format and it goes well with partying and sketching in the parts of my life I would forget. It works just as well when you're drunk.
Influences - I instantly found a kindred spirit in Anders Peterson, he truly captures peoples soul. I think you can see how much he cares for his subjects, they bare their souls to him. One day I will dream of being half as good as him. Richard Avedon does the same. I love the cheek and rawness of Terry Richardson's work. Larry Clark and Richard Kern are brilliant. I'm not particarly into a lot of fine art photographers. I find something lacking a lot but Nick Waplington is great.
A little about you - I have a poor short term memory so I take photos."Memento" is one of my favourite films and I have made sandwiches out of everything. I'm listening to "Paris 1919" by John Cale.
Share your own projects - Flickr. One day soon I'll make a website.

There are David's nymphs and some words about the pictures.


This a friend of mine a talented bassist in Romance and a fantastic girl! The was the first time I met her for an editorial. I think that's my finger at the top...

I take a lot of snaps when i'm out. I liked the way she held herself and how fucked she was.

Just a girl awkwardly but peacefully asleep despite all of the commotion of the party around her. I guess the song fitted the mood.

People try and save their heads from dropping on the floor when they are decapitated. I guess it appears quite sexual.

Girls rituals in the toilet are a mystery to me. But they always look great. She had a great look.

No comments:

Post a Comment